The Hot Band
The Nash Ramblers
- Larry Atamanuik-Nash Ramblers- drums, harmonies
- Originally from Canada, Larry played for
Seatrain for many years before joining the Nash Ramblers.
He is currently doing gigs in Nashville and was at the Telluride Festival, playing with "Salmon John", a band
consisting of Sam Bush, John Cowan, Jon Randall and Larry.
He worked on the Cox Family recording due out in the Spring and was recently in the studio
with Alison Krauss working on the Bob Dylan tribute to Jimmie Rogers.
- Brady Blade-Spyboy, drums, harmonies
- Mike Bowden-Hot Band, bass
- Tony Brown-Hot Band, piano-
- Tony is now
president of MCA Records in Nashville.
- James Burton-Hot Band, electric guitarist
extraordinaire, played with Elvis
- Sam Bush-Nash Ramblers, mandolin, fiddle
- Rodney Crowell-Hot Band, acoustic
- Born August 7, 1950 in Houston, TX,
Rodney got his start
with Emmylou Harris#39;
Hot Band, being one of the original members. An impressive songwriter, Emmylou recorded many of his songs,
including Leavin Louisiana, Aint Living
Long Like This, Til I Gain Control Again, You#39;re Supposed to be Feeling Good,
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.. The list goes on. From his first solo album, Aint Livin#39; Long Like This, to
his most recent release on RCA, Jewel of the South, Rodney has
consistently proved to be a songwriter who takes his craft seriously, as do the host of artists who have recorded his
A talented performer in his own right, he has yet to get the wide
recognition he so richly deserves.
- Hank DeVito-Hot Band, pedal steel
- Chris Donohue - Kennedy Rose era, bass - MySpace
- Steve Fishell-Hot Band, pedal steel-
- Steve has been producing many fine albums by artists including
Pam Tillis, Radney Foster and Bob Woodruff. He can also be found on the Mojave bands album.
- Wayne Goodwin-Hot Band, fiddle, mandolin, saxophone
- Emory Gordy, Jr.-Hot Band, bass-
- Now producing such artists as Patty Lovelace and Aaron
- Tony Hall - Spyboy, bass
- Glen D. Hardin-Hot Band, piano
- Don Heffington-Hot Band, drums-
- Along with performing and recording with the band "Mojave",
Don also appeared on Tammy Roger#39;s debut album, "In the Red". He was the original drummer for Lone Justice in the
He plays on their "Lone Justice" debut album (1985, Geffen, 24060-2).
Don also has been a session player for Buddy Miller, Julie
Miller, Victoria Williams, the Jayhawks, and former Lone Justice lead
singer Maria McKee.
- Roy Huskey, Jr. - Nash Ramblers, upright bass, harmonies
- Daryl Johnson-Spyboy, bass, harmonies
- Don Johnson-Hot Band, piano
- Phil Kaufman - Road Mangler.
- Phil has a book out, oddly
enough titled "Road Mangler Deluxe" which is definitely worth reading.
His sense of humor is well.. here#39;s an example taken from an interview with Emmylou published in the 7-6-80
"My road manager came up to me the other day", she says. "He said, "The good news is--your record went
gold. The bad news is it#39;s the bootleg album."
- Mary Ann Kennedy - Kennedy Rose, percussion, mandolin, harmonies
- Albert Lee-Hot Band, electric
- Buddy Miller-Spyboy, guitar, mandol-guitar, harmonies
- Al Perkins-Nash Ramblers, dobro
- Jon Randall -Nash Ramblers,acoustic guitar, harmonies.
- Mickey Raphael-Hot Band, harmonica
- Frank Reckard-Hot Band, lead guitar-
- Frank, along with Steve Fishell, Don Heffington, David
Millard, Jerry Waller and Steve Lewis, recorded an album under the band name "Mojave". It#39;s a German import
in Germany).The title is "Tumbleweed Circuit" Taxim Records TX 2019-2 TA. (Fax # 011,49,42,53,1407)
- Pam Rose - Kennedy Rose, guitar, harmonies
- Ricky Skaggs - Hot Band, fiddle, mandolin, harmonies
- Barry Tashian-Hot Band, guitar, accordion,
- Since the Hot Band, Barry and his wife , Holly have formed a duet, performing
(and writing) a mix of bluegrass, country and traditional music. They#39;ve released four albums, including the INDIE
Straw Into Gold.
- Barry recently wrote a book
To Ride about his experiences opening
for the Beatles for their 1966 US tour. For more information on Barry and Holly, check out their home page.
It#39;s got their tour schedule, ordering info and lots of other neat stuff.
- Billy Thomas-Hot Band, drums
- Steve Turner-Hot Band, drums
- Ron Tutt-Hot Band, drums
- John Ware-Hot Band, drums
- Mark Winchester-Nash Ramblers- Upright bass
- Originally from Monroe, N.C., Mark is currently
working in Nashville. Since the Nash Ramblers
disbanded, he has signed as a songwriter with Starstruck Writers Group. He continues to play bass and guitar in
settings in Nashville.
He correctly describes his music as "a cross between Elvis Costello and Johnny Burnett". Whatever it is, his sets are
spirited and lots of fun to listen to.
Back to Emmylou