Wrecking Ball reissue w/outtakes due April 8th

News about Emmylou

Wrecking Ball reissue w/outtakes due April 8th

Postby Arlene » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:56 pm

In case this hasn't already been posted, to coincide with the Wrecking Ball tour, Wrecking Ball will be reissued with outtakes on April 8th

Here's the tracklist for the bonus disc:

Disc 2 - Deeper Well: The Wrecking Ball Outtakes
1. "Still Water"
2. "Where Will I Be" (alternate version)
3. "All My Tears"
4. "How Will I Ever Be Simple Again"
5. "Deeper Well"
6. "The Stranger Song"
7. "Sweet Old World" (alternate version)
8. "Gold"
9. "Blackhawk" (alternate version)
10. "May This Be Love" (acoustic)
11. "Goin' Back to Harlan"
12. "Where Will I Be" (alternate version)
13. "Deeper Well"

The package will also include a DVD of the documentary Building the Wrecking Ball, which features studio footage and interviews with Harris and producer Daniel Lanois, as well as Steve Earle and Kate and Anna McGarrigle, who appear on the album, and Neil Young, who wrote the title song.

EMMYLOU HARRIS'S WRECKING BALL TOUR
April 3 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
April 5 San Francisco, CA The Warfield
April 7 Royal Oak, MI The Royal Oak
April 8 Chicago, IL The Vic
April 11 Washington, DC The Lincoln Theatre
April 12 Brooklyn, NY TBA
April 13 Boston, MA The House of Blues

(additional tour dates to be announced)

See http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/a ... 8-20140203
Arlene
Arlene

Re: Wrecking Ball reissue w/outtakes due April 8th

Postby lisa » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:09 pm

April 3rd at the Wiltern...now just have to catch them right when they go on sale (is there a presale?)
Start: Fri, 02/07/14 10:00 AM PST
lisa

Postby RJC » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Details PLEASE ! Is Emmylou touring with Daniel Lanios and Co for the Wrecking ball tour ??!!?!?!?! I will never forget the first time I saw them together on the original Wrecking Ball Tour.. I got chills , they were so fantastic..
RJC

Postby RJC » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Lisa, I just looked it up on line and saw that she will be touring with Lanios.. and the Wiltern is two blocks from my apt !!!
RJC

Postby lisa » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 pm

yep...I'll buy a ticket Friday and see you there Rj
lisa

Postby KenB » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Wrecking Ball Tour 2014.
My Massey Hall email notice tells me that another date has been added for Canadian fans.
Emmylou, Daniel Lanois, along with Steven Nistor and Jim Wilson will be coming to Massey Hall April 15, 2014. Tickets go on sale today, Jenn.
KenB

Postby acoustic1 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Thanks for looking out for me, Ken, but I'm going to sit this one out. If she was with Spyboy, it'd be different. I've seen her enough with Daniel.

Peace,
Jenn
acoustic1

Postby Harvey2 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:29 am

I'm not sure about the re-issue? What will a fan get from it? I've had the original CD, the DVD and a disc of outakes since 1995 so will I be buying it again? I really don't know. I'm trying to stop buying stuff just because it's been repackaged and I'm using the money saved to invest in new artists. I think Emmylou would approve of that :-)
harvey
Harvey2

Postby Harvey2 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:33 am

So - I've had a week to think about it and considering that it's been a while since I spent any money on Emmylou, I've decided to order the re-issue. The DVD will probably be of a better quality than the one I already have and there are a couple of tracks on the out-takes that I don't believe I've got in my archive collection ;-) UNCUT have given it a five star review and even Q magazine which is like, the worst music mag evah, have given it four so perhaps this time around, Wrecking Ball will gain a huge new audience.

Talking of new audiences, what was Neil Young doing on the Bert Jansch tribute concert? In fact, the whole concert was pathetic IMO. I'm not sure whether the actual concert at The Royal Festival Hall followed the same sequence as the televised version but to have Ralph McTell who I absolutely love, begin proceedings with an average to lame rendition of Bert's Angie was enough to have me reaching for the remote. However, I persevered to the end and then wondered where the time had gone. Seriously and I'm of a similar age to many of the concert's performers, we shouldn't be wasting our precious time like this. If you are going to pay tribute to someone as influential as Jansch was then pull out all the stops, kick some ass and fire it up with some young raw talent.
harvey
Harvey2

Postby GretaH » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Well, I'm sitting in a hotel room in SF, hanging out waiting for Emmylou and Daniel Lanois's concert tonight. My 15 year old and her friend are suppose to accompany me, but I have a feeling they are going to bail on me after having spent their day taking in the big city sites. Such is life. Won't be the first nor the last time I'll go to a concert solo.

20 years. Wow. Where does the time go. I still remember the first time I heard Wrecking Ball. I bought it on a whim in a truckstop somewhere between here and Colorado, 1995 maybe. I had a long days drive ahead of me and desperately needed some new tunes. Not that I expected to find anything I'd like, but I'd been a big fan of emmy's quarter moon in a ten cent town album, so decided to give it a try. Omg! I don't think I listened to anything else for a whole year at least. And this was on cassette. I'd drag the boom box out to the garden, and listen as I gardened. Actually, I wasn't much of a gardener, but I did a lot of gardening that year. So, long story short, wrecking ball is how I got reintroduced to emmylou, and subsequently country. For many years I had a huge prejudice against it all and now I can't imagine life without it. It's about the only thing good in my life right now besides my daughter, well, and my dogs, and my cat, and I do have a few great friends, and I like this forum. And I live by the beach so I guess that's pretty good too. Lol!

Anyway, looking forward to the show and the new release. :)
GretaH

Next

Return to Emmylou news