Hey Rich re your post under 'Memories' Hockey

and other sports talk

Hey Rich re your post under 'Memories' Hockey

Postby KenB » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 am

It's tough to be a Leafs fan, it's tough to be a Jays fan, it's tough to be a Raptors fan, it's tough to be an Argonaut fan (CFL). So sometimes we even cheer for the Buffalo Bills but that's tough too! As Rodney Dangerfield used to say we (fans) "get no respect". Maybe our teams hate us, we keep coming back for more, but nothing changes. ; [
Leafs management has always been bad [at least since 1967] Hey Rich,Pengiuns come back here for a rematch next week I'll be out of town I hope.

In other news, new Blue Jay starter
"R.A. Dickey’s spring is off to a rough start. The Toronto Blue Jays’ prized off-season acquisition took the mound in the United States’ opening game against Mexico at the World Baseball Classic in Phoenix on Friday.In front of a boisterous, mostly pro-Mexico, crowd Dickey was knocked around for four runs in four innings and took the loss as Mexico shocked the U.S. with a 5-2 win. Dickey gave up six hits, including a two-run home run to Adrian Gonzalez. Dickey threw 62 pitches (the WBC has a 65-pitch limit in the first round) and struck out two but generally couldn’t get in a groove and his knuckleball eluded him."
See what I mean...
KenB

Re: Hey Rich re your post under 'Memories' Hockey

Postby craig » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Ken , i think i know why you sing the blues !! man the blue jays would make anyone blue .. spending all that money , and ????.. oh well there is always next year ... hope all is well with you and the fam !
craig

Postby KenB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Craig where have you been?

Some family illnesses up here to consider, my older sister and my younger sister's husband are both seriously ill. a very rough patch for us.

Craig, I think Jays could, might,or may (take your pick) show improvement as the season unfolds specially with former Marlin starters Josh Johnson, Buehrie, settling in here, plus Jays added that new starter Dickey. Jays kept Morrow from last year to complete the starting rotation and sent Romero down to get his mojo back. Now ss Reyes is out on disabled list and Bautista is busy counting his money having signed a long term contract, mucho moola ...moola...maybe some Chinese curse is on us, I mean 'interesting times'.
KenB

Postby craig » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Ken very sad to hear the bad news about your family , all my best to you my friend and i will pull for the Jays maybe we can have a battle of the birds come October !
craig

Postby Rich » Mon May 02, 2016 8:18 pm

KEN...
I JUST NOTICED THIS THREAD. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT HAVING RESPONDED MUCH SOONER.
THE LEAFS ARE ON THE MOVE...THEY NOW HAVE THE BEST COACH IN THE NHL AND JUST RECEIVED THE #1 DRAFT PICK.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS (YOU & JEN AND ALL LEAFS FANS) NEXT SEASON..

MANY THANKS FOR GIVING US KESSEL...

PENGUINS LINE 2....THE BEST IN HOCKEY (IMO)..
HAGELIN BONINO & KESSEL

GO PENS !!!
IF YOU EVER GET TO PITTSBURGH...MAKE SURE ITS WHEN THE LEAFS PLAY THE PENS...

BEST REGARDS
Rich

Postby Rich » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:03 pm

KEN,

THEY DID IT...!!
CONGRATS TO STANLEY CUP CHAMPION PENGUINS

FORMER LEAF.PHIL KESSEL HAD A FEW CHOICE WORDS FOR TORONTO FANS...

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/06/14/dear- ... love-phil/

I ALSO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT POOR TEAM MANAGEMEMT SND OWNERSHIP
THE PIRATES HAVE THE MLB RECORD FOR CONSECUTIVE LOSING SEASONS
Rich

Return to Baseball