Table of Contents
Eugenia Harris with daughter Emmylou
Emmylou's mother passed away August 19, 2014. Among her virtues, of which she had many, was her love and tender care of animals. Eugenia was there at the beginning of Bonaparte's Retreat, fixing meals and helping with the dogs at bedtime and giving them the love they so needed. She had Bonaparte's Bunkhouse built for them.
Eugenia touched the lives of so many dogs and humans and we are the better for having known her and to carry her in our hearts.
Donations can be made in her name if you wish to Bonaparte's Retreat P.O. Box 150232 Nashville TN 37215 and/or to The Epilepsy Foundation 2002 Richard Jones Rd Nashville TN 37215
September 24, 2014 - The wonderful Emmylou/Rodney Crowell Lincoln Center concert from August.
The discussion forum will hopefully return - the site and forum were hacked and my efforts to restore the forum led to the fatal error message. Hopefully someone more computer savvy will be able to help.
From the NZ On Screen,
, the 1984 TV special recorded while Emmylou was on tour in New Zealand.
The legendary Emmylou Harris brings a little bit of Nashville to
Auckland studio for her first ever TV special — recorded during a NZ
in a deal which allowed her to own the international rights. One of
music’s great vocalists and most loved performers, Harris leads her
piece band through an accomplished set (although banter is in short
supply). Highlights include ‘Grievous Angel’ (which she originally
with her early mentor Gram Parsons), Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Racing in
Street’ and The Crystals hit ‘He’s A Rebel’.
* * OFFICIAL TOUR SCHEDULE * *
September 6, 2013 - Ottawa, ON (Ottawa Folk Festival)
September 8, 2013 - Saugerties, NY (Hits on the Hudson)
September 13 - College Station, TX (first Yell for TX A&M Kyle Field)
September 14, 2013 - Dallas, TX (Magestic Theater)
September 26, 2013 - Scottsdale, AZ (Virginia G. Piper Theater)
September 27, 2013 - Northridge, CA (Valley Performing Arts Center)
September 28, 2013 - San Luis Obispo, CA (Christopher Cohan Center)
September 30, 2013 - Davis, CA - (Mondavi Center)
October 2, 2013 - Chico, CA (Laxson Auditorium @CSU
October 3, 2013 - Arcata, CA (Van Duzer)
October 4-6, 2013 - San Francisco, CA (Hardly Strictly Bluegrass)
October 11, 2013 - Gruene, TX (Gruene Music and Wine Festival)
October 26, 2013 - Lewisberg, PA (Weis Center at Bucknell U)
November 1, 2013 - Santa Cruz, CA (Santa Cruz Civic Center)
November 2. 2013 - Santa Rosa, CA (Wells Fargo Center for the Arts)
November 4, 2013 - Portland, OR (Schnitzer Hall)
November 5, 2013 - Seattle, WA (Benaroyal Hall)
November 6, 2013 - TBA
November 8, 2013 - Nanaimo, BC (Port Theatre)
November 9, 2013 - Victoria, BC (Alix Gooldin Performance Hall)
November 11, 2013 - Edmonton, AB (Northern Alberta Jubilee)
November 12, 2013 - Calgary, AB - (EPCOR Centre for the Performing Arts)
November 14, 2013 - Winnipeg, MB - (Burton Cummings Theatre)
For more appearances and reviews, go to the archives.
For the song list (and songwriters) for any album, please see Kaoru Kusakai's page
- Pieces of the Sky -Reprise 1975 (went Gold 10-13-86)
- Too Far Gone #73, If I Could Only Win Your Love #4
- Elite Hotel -Reprise 1975 (went Gold 7-27-89)
- Together Again #1, One of These Days #3, Sweet Dreams #1
- Luxury Liner-Warner Bros. 1977 (went Gold 2-11-81)
- C'est La Vie #6, Making Believe #8
- Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town-Warner Bros. 1978 (went Gold 3-23-88) song list
- Two More Bottles of Wine #1, To Daddy #3, Easy From Now On #12
- Profile-Warner Bros. 1978 (went Gold 2-18-81)
- Blue Kentucky Girl-Warner Bros. 1979 (went Gold 2-18-81)
- Save The Last Dance For Me #4, Blue Kentucky Girl #6, Beneath Still Waters #1
- Light of the Stable-Warner Bros. 1979
- Roses in the Snow-Warner Bros. 1980 (went Gold 4-1-81)
- Wayfaring Stranger #7, The Boxer #13
- Evangeline-Warner Bros. 1981 (went Gold 10-9-81)
- Mister Sandman #10, I Don't Have to Crawl #44
- Cimarron-Warner Bros. 1981, Eminent 2000
- Tennessee Rose #9, Born To Run #3, If I Needed You(with Don Williams) #3
- Last Date- Warner Bros. 1982, Eminent 2000
- (Lost His Love)On Our Last Date #1, I'm Movin' On #5
- White Shoes-Warner Bros. 1983
- Drivin' Wheel #26, In My Dreams #9, Pledging My Love #9
- Profile II- Warner Bros. 1984 (Gold 1998)
- Someone Like You
- The Ballad of Sally Rose-Warner Bros. 1985
- White Line #14, Rhythm Guitar #44, Timberline #55
- Thirteen-Warner Bros. 1986
- I Had My Heart Set On You #60, Today I Started Loving You Again #43
- Angel Band -Warner Bros. 1987
- Trio (with Linda Ronstadt and Dolly Parton) Warner Bros. 1987
- To Know Him Is To Love Him #1, Telling Me Lies #3, Those Memories of You #5, Wildflowers #6
- Duets -Reprise -1988 song list
- Bluebird -Reprise-1989
- Heartbreak Hill #8, Heaven Only Knows #16, I Still Miss Someone #51
- Brand New Dance -Reprise 1990
- Wheels of Love #71
- At the Ryman -Reprise 1992
- At the Ryman -Warner 1992 video
- Cowgirl's Prayer -Asylum 1993
- Songs of the West - Warner Bros. 1994
- Wrecking Ball- Asylum 1995
- Portraits - Reprise 1996
- Spyboy - Eminent 1998
- Trio II - Asylum 1999
- Western Wall: The Tucson Sessions - Asylum 1999
- Red Dirt Girl - Nonesuch 2000
- Anthology:The Warner Reprise Years - Reprise 2001
- Stumble Into Grace - Nonesuch 2003
- Heartaches and Highways - The Very Best of Emmylou Harris - Rhino 2005
- All the Roadrunning - with Mark Knopfler - WEA 2006
- Songbird Rhino 2007
- All I Intended To BeNonesuch 2008
Producer's Cut - Rhino 2002 (audio) - High Fidelity review
Live at the Ryman - WB
Spyboy - Live from the legendary Exit/In - -Eminent
While not complete, E! has a list
descriptions of several Emmylou video projects.
Back to the beginning
- 1976 Grammy- Best Country Vocal Performance Female - "Elite Hotel"
- 1979 Grammy- Best Country Vocal Performance Female - "Blue Kentucky Girl"
- 1980 Grammy- Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals - "That Lovin' You Feeling Again"
with Roy Orbison
- 1984 Grammy - Best Country Vocal Performance Female - "In My Dreams"
- 1985 - Inducted into the WAMA (Washington Area Music Association) Hall of Fame
- 1987 Grammy- Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals - "Trio"
- Academy of
Country Music Album of the Year - "Trio"
- 1988 CMA Vocal Event - "Trio"
- 1992 Grammy- Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals - "At the Ryman" with the Nash
- 1993 Opryland's Star Walk (Emmylou Harris & The Nash Ramblers)
- 1995 Grammy - Best Contemporary Folk Album - "Wrecking Ball"
- Winner of the Nashville Symphony's Harmony
Award. The honor recognizes her contribution to the Nashville music world.
- 1996- Nashville Music Award - Folk Album - "Wrecking Ball"
- Orville H. Gibson Lifetime Achievement
- Patsy Montana Entertainer Award (from the Nat'l Cowgirl Hall of Fame)
- 1998 Grammy - Best Country Collaboration With Vocals - "Same Old Train" (from "Tribute to Tradition")
- 1999 - Nashville Music Award - Independent Album - "Spyboy"
- Indie Award for Country Album of the Year
- Billboard's Century Award
- Grammy - Best Country Collaboration With Vocals for "After The
Gold Rush" (Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt & Dolly Parton from:
- 2000 - Grammy - Contemporary Folk Album - "Red Dirt Girl"
- 2001 - Gibson Best Acoustic Guitarist Female
- Grammy - Album of the Year --
O'Brother Where Art Thou? Soundtrack by (Various Artists), T
Bone Burnett, producer Best Traditional Folk Album -- Down From
the Mountain Soundtrack by (Various Artists), T Bone Burnett,
producer Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For A Motion Picture,
Television Or Other Visual Media -- O'Brother Where Art Thou? by
(Various Artists), T Bone Burnett, producer
- 2002 - Lifetime Achievement-Performer - The Americana Music Awards
- The Patrick J. Leahy Humanitarian Award
- 2003 - January 25, 2003 - Emmylou was inducted into the Alabama Music Hall of Fame for her lifework in the music field. - Preview article, Emmylou Fact sheet
- 2004 - May 3 - ASCAP Harry Chapin Humanitarian Award
- 2005 - Grammy - Best Female Country Vocal Performance - "The Connection"
- 2008 - Induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame
- MSPCA's George T. Angell Humanitarian Award
To date, 8 of her albums have gone gold, as well as "Trio".
Want to hear Emmylou on the radio but don't know where to find her ?
Here's a list of online radio stations that have testified that they
- AK KUAC in Fairbanks, KNBA in Anchorage
- AZ KZON
- CA KAZU, KDVS, KPIG, KPRI
- CO KVNF, KCUV
- CT WPKN
- GA WRFG
- IL WXRT, WWHP in Farmer City, IL.
- MA WUMB
- MEWERU in Blue Hill, WMPG in Portland
- MI WCBN, Grand Rapids WYCE 88.1 FM
- MO KDHX-FM 88.1 COMMUNITY RADIO, KKFI in Kansas City
IN ST LOUIS MO, KOPN
- NC WNCW in Spindale, WCOM in Carrboro
- NE KZUM in Lincoln. (American Fried Music)
- NH WMWV in Conway
- NJ WFDU, WDVR, WBCZ at Burlington County College in Pemberton
- NM KSFR in Santa Fe
- NY WFUV in NYC, EVR in NYC, WPKM in Montauk
- OK The All New
97.7 Kick-Em Country in Ardmore
- PAWXPN in Philadelphia
- TN WEVL in Memphis, ,
WRLT in Nashville, WDVX in east TN, WAWL and WUTC in Chattanooga
- TX Austin KGSR , Dallas - The Range KHYI
- UT KZMU
- VA WUVT (Blacksburg)
- VT WEBK (Rutland), WNCS Waterbury
- WA KMTT
- Canada - CKUA
Online radio programs
- Twang Town USA airs Big Al's Country Homestead Radio Show from Australia.
- BBC Radio2
- Bradford Community Broadcasting (Going North from Nashville) in West Yorkshire, England
Back to the beginning
Any inaccuracies on the page are courtesy
of me. That said,
would like to thank Cimarron (Joe Takacs) for his generosity in sharing
information from EOL in the early days. It certainly kept the page
I'd also like to thank Neville Bond for the exhaustive discography he created. The musical friends section would not be nearly as complete without it.
This site is updated and added to
frequently.If you have any suggestions or pictures or whatever, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Kate Derr 1995-2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo copyright 2007 Kate Derr